Thursday, July 7, 2011

'Bike Ride' by Essie swatches

Bike Ride was originally included in Essie's Classic Collection, however, I looked on their website and it seems to have been discontinued. I ordered mine from www.nailpolishcanada.com for about half of the original price, which is somewhere around ten Canadian dollars. Nail Polish Canada offers free shipping on all orders over $25. It took a little over a week for me to receive my order in the mail, which I feel is a pretty standard amount of time. What I like about them is that they still have polishes from old OPI, Essie, Zoya, and China Glaze collections, so if you are looking for something that you can't find in your local salon, chances are you might find it there!

I have never owned any Essie polishes before so I ordered a couple to try out. I liked my first experience with Essie, my only complaint is that the brush is one of the traditional small brushes, and I find that makes the application slightly more difficult, streaky and time consuming. However, if you have small nails, or just don't really like the wider brush that OPI uses for example, then you might like this brush better. The formula was nice and the nail polish lasted a while before chipping.

All Essie nail polishes are manufactured 3-free (without DBP, Toluene, and Formaldehyde). The very unfortunate thing is that Essie was recently bought out by L'Oreal, so even if the polish does remain cruelty free, which I am pretty sure it hasn't, L'Oreal is not a cruelty free company! Anyways, swatches below...

Outdoor light: 3 coats of Bike Ride by Essie.

Indoor light: 3 coats of Bike Ride by Essie.

Do you like this color? Does not being cruelty free stop you from wanting to sport Essie on your nails?

Christina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...